Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Tombstone Tuesday - October 11, 2016 - The Robart Family Connection

I have yet to find a descendant who I can verify has died on this day...October 11.  That is quite amazing and the first time in all my years of writing Tombstone Tuesday Blogs that this has happened.  I am certain that out of 5341 descendants that I have identified, someone must have died on this day but I have not found that piece of data yet in the "Haystack"! I do not have death information for each person in my tree. That will be a job for this winter and next too... 

 Two weeks ago I wrote about Ina (Anna) McGoogan who was 23 months old when she died in 1861.  During that research and my research for this week, I found lot of interesting information on Hannah Robart's family.  Just kind of stumbled on it really. Someone has done a lot of work and shared it on Ancestry.com since I looked at her family. There have also been a lot of new records added to Ancestry.com.


Some time ago, I got this photo from my sister Pam. She had it at the Corner store. She really does not remember why.  It is a piece of class with the photos attached to the glass.  The picture is of  Hannah Robart McGoogan and William McGoogan.  I have never seen anything like it. The frame needs some repair. I thought I would reglue some of the corners and paint it.  Hannah and William are my 3XGreat Grandparents on my father's side of the family.  They are the parents of Amanda McGoogan Crites.

Mother- Hannah Robart McGoogan

Daughter- Amanda McGoogan Crites

Granddaughter- Cora Crites Smith
Thought it was interesting to put these photos all together...Mother, Daughter and Granddaughter. Personally, I think Amanda and Cora take after the McGoogans...

With the research from this week, now we have identified Hannah's parents, our 4X Great Grandparents, John and Catherine Spangler Robart, our 5X Great grandparents, John and Amelia English Robart and our 6X Great Grandparents, on both sides, Vincent and Madeline Robart and Robert and Margaret Adamson English.

This is all new information for our tree.  This takes this family back to the Revolutionary war time period. All these families are large.  Have 10 to 12 kids and so do their kids, It is all rather crazy, which gives me a lot more work to do in the coming weeks. The Robart Family came from the Dover, Ohio area of  Tuscarawas County just as the Crites Family did.  John Henry Crites and Amanda McGoogan were born in Indiana so I can not connect the Crites to the Robarts before Indiana, though they may have known each other.  The McGoogan's came from the Westmoreland, Pennsylvaina area with a brief stop for a few years in Richland, Ohio as they moved west.  The McGoogans date back to the time of the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812 also.

The work this week probably added more than 100 new descendants to our tree....sometimes it happens that way. This data was very thorough with mulitple sources for verification. We have birth and death information for most of these new additions.  In the coming weeks, you will hear about them!

Happy Hunting,

Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like me to respond to you, please include your email address. Thanks I hope you enjoy!