Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Tombstone Tuesday - September 15, 2015 - Elsa Guttormsdatter

Elsa  Guttormsdatter was born in 1637 in Ostre Kjolo, Notteroy, Vestfold, Norway.  She married Soeren Olsen. They had  seven children;  Anne(1664), Marte (1665), Live (1667), Guttorm (1671), Soren (1674), Paul (1677), Ole (1679) . She died on September 15, 1724 at the age of 87 years old. She is buried in  Ostre Kjolo, Notteroy, Norway.

Normally I want to have a tombstone picture to go along with a death record for a Tombstone Tuesday but I do not have one today.  I will see if I can find her death record and if I do I will add it here when I find it but  I could not resist to write about Elsa today for several reasons. This weekend we had a Anderson Reunion. Else is our 6X Great Grandmother. Today, when I realize that she died on a Tombstone Tuesday date that I was trying to write a blog for, I began researching.  I started with a simple search,  "Cemeteries, Notteroy, Vestfold, Norway" and a great website appeared.  It was a Norwegian site I had not seen before. It could be new or just new to me. It appears to be a Vestfold county site. It maybe a historical society site but I have yet to figure that out but there is a lot of new data or previously undiscovered data. It is , of course,  written in Norwegian so I have to translate using google.  Everything does not always translate well but I am able to see many cousins thru the translation.  The link is  http://www.vestfold-slekt.net/notteroy/bygdebok/kjoeloe.html.

This link will surely provide me with a lot of data thru the winter months this year. My most intense research time is winter since gardening takes up so much of my summer and canning the stuff from the garden occupies my fall.

So happy hunting,

Jan 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like me to respond to you, please include your email address. Thanks I hope you enjoy!