Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Tombstone Tuesday - June 16, 2015 -Ethel Mae Conners Boyer





Ethel Mae Conners was born in Big Rapids, Michigan to Henry W. Conners and Bertha Fisher in 1893. She lived in Flint on East Dayton Street as a boarder prior to her marriage and worked in an Auto Factory according to the 1920 Census. She married Clarence W Boyer on September 3, 1921 in Howell, Michigan.


Clarence and Ethel Boyer
This photo is likely a wedding photo. It belonged to Mary Florence Boyer, Clarence's Aunt ( my 2X Great Grandmother) and was handed down to my Grandmother Lillian Losee Smith.  According to 1930 and 1940 census information, it appeared that they remained Flint and owned a home at 2020 Brand Street. Clarence worked at a Chevrolet Plant in Flint and Ethel took care of the children and the home. They had two children ; David Melvin Boyer and and Helen L. Boyer. 

Through my research, I did find a Clarence W and Ethel M Boyer listed in the Dayton, Ohio area beginning about 1934 or 1935...and as late as a 1960 directory so I need to see if I can figure out if it is the same Boyer family... and if so how did they appear in two places at the same time period.  Ethel died on June 16, 1989 at the age of 95 years old, 43 years after her husband.  I'll have to see if I can find out if she remarried and what direction her life too after he died.  She was buried beside Clarence in the Beebee Cemetery in Rose Township with the other Boyer family members.  I'll have to see what I can learn about both of them in the next week or so.

Happy Hunting,

Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like me to respond to you, please include your email address. Thanks I hope you enjoy!