Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Tombstone Tuesday - June 9, 2014 - Melba Jackson Goshorn


Melba Jackson was the oldest daughter of Oscar and Vesta (Bowersock) Jackson.  She was born on November 23, 1917.   Her birth record was recorded in the Allen County Vital records Volume 2 D-J, Book CH-7 , Page 212.  In the 1920 and 1930 censuses, she is listed with her parents in Fort Wayne, Indiana. She married Glenn E. Goshorn but so far I do not know an exactly date. She appears in the 1940 Federal Census with her husband and they are listed together in a Fort Wayne Directory in 1939.  SO I can assume that it was likely in 1939.  I need to call her sister, Marjorie and visit with her. She probably can tell me when.  I do not have an obit for her but I do know that she died June 12, 1981.  She is buried in Covington Memorial Garden in Fort Wayne, Indiana along side her husband Glenn E Goshorn.

Melba and her family repeated visited Smith family members in Flint.  I have several photos of them during these visits.


This photo was taken at Frank Smith's home in Flint.  It is of the Jackson family and Frank Smith family.   From left to right standing in the back row is : Dora Smith Jackson, Frank (Francis) Smith, Pearl Dehner Smith, Vesta Bowersock Jackson, Oscar Jackson.  Seated on the ground are the daughters of Vesta and Oscar Jackson:  Dora Jane Jackson, Marjorie Jackson, Melba Jackson.

I had meant to get this done earlier today but my day got away from me,

Happy Hunting,

Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like me to respond to you, please include your email address. Thanks I hope you enjoy!