Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tombstone Tuesday - March 19,2013 - Elizabeth M Carrier

Elizabeth M. (Densmore) Carrier was born in Darlington, Ontario  on August 24, 1856. She was the first child born to John and Sarah (Reynolds) Densmore.  She married David Carrier in 1878.  They had seven children , four daughters and three sons. The children were Carrie E., Albert Jay,  Adal Mary, George Clarence, David Lloyd, Ruth J. and Mildred E.  David died sometime after the 1910 Census was taken.  In 1920 Census, Elizabeth is listed as a widow who is living with her adult son, Albert and several of the daughters. She lived the remaining days of her life with her son Albert Jay in the Detroit area.  She died on March 24, 1945.

This photo is from my Grandmother photos.  She and Andrew are on the right in the back row and the smaller children are Ray, Robert and Andy. It is my belief that this photo is of  Addie's Aunt Elizabeth and her family.  I have through the years hoped to be able to make a connection to this family to see if they can help me identify who is in this photo but so far I have not. It is an awesome photo. Maybe some day I still will!

Happy Hunting,
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like me to respond to you, please include your email address. Thanks I hope you enjoy!