Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Tombstone Tuesday - January 15, 2013 - Dora Belle Smith Jackson



Dora Belle Smith was the 4th child born to James W. Smith and Oella Denney.  She was born in 1877.  Dora married William Havey Jackson on June 30, 1893 in Wells County, Indiana. They had three children; Oscar H born 1895, Charles W born in 1899 and  Ruth born in 1903.  Charles W. died on May 6, 1901. 


This photo is of William Harvey, Oscar and Dora Belle (Smith) Jackson. The photo was one of several dozen which belonged to my grandparents and is one of the photos which my grandmother, Lillian, had my grandfather Everett identify for me.  It is my teenage handwriting on the back of the photo.   It must have been taken before Charles was born in 1899.



This photo is a four generation photo showing Dora holding her grandson, Loydell  Malone, Ruth Malone (her daughter is standing) and Oella Smith.  Loydell was born on May 17, 1923.  The photo was likely taken the summer before Oella died in November, 1925. It was taken in the Fort Wayne, Indiana area.


This last photo is at Frank Smith's house on Term Street. Frank and Alvin (my GGrandfather)built house next to each other in Burton, Michigan. It is of Dora (Smith) Jackson, Francis W. Smith and Della (Smith) Sparks during a visit to "Uncle Franks's House" in  Burton, Michigan. (My grandfather Everett told me many years ago.) It is the three living children of James W. and Oella( Denney) Smith.  Dora died on January 15, 1953, Francis died on  May 20, 1955,and Della on  December 9, 1957. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like me to respond to you, please include your email address. Thanks I hope you enjoy!