Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tombstone Tuesday - October 30,2012


Mary Ann Smith was 37 years old when she died. She is buried in Smith Cemetery in Benton County, Indiana. I think this may have been Mary Ann Best Smith.  The wife of Joseph who we have connected to through DNA.  I will have to try to check out this stone again but it is believed that she was born in 1818 so that would make her 37 years old in 1855.  When I took this photo, I had no idea who this person was.  It was several years ago so I will need to try to clean the stone and get the year which is on the stone.  If this is Mary Ann, her husband Joseph, remarried Celia Dixon in 1856. All this information would certainly fit into the data that we have discovered.

Indiana 1850 Census -  for Pine in Warren County for Joseph Smith Family
 Happy Hunting!

Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like me to respond to you, please include your email address. Thanks I hope you enjoy!