Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tombstone Tuesday - April 10, 2012


Tombstone Tuesday highlights  the tombstone of Lyal H Watkins  and his first wife  Grace Lee.  Lyal was born in 1905 and died in 1997. He is buried in the Imlay Township Cemetery just outside of Imlay City Michigan .

He was my neighbor and we struck up an unusual friendship.  I was a mere 20 years old and he was 75 when we became neighbors and friends. Who would have thought that a 75 year old retiree would take a interest in the young family who moved in next door and he adored my young children especially Shawn who was 4 years old.  They puddered around almost every day.  At that time in my life, I thought I knew it all but in the few short years that we were neighbors,  he taught me that I infact really knew very little! He was the one of the wisest men I ever met. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like me to respond to you, please include your email address. Thanks I hope you enjoy!