Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tombstone Tuesday - February 28, 2012

Audrey Gerkin  - born on February 27, 1917 and died on October 9, 2011


Her birthday was yesterday, Happy Birthday Mom! Greg misses his mother very much so I decided that this was a good week to highlight her on Tombstone Tuesday. Once again you got to spend your birthday with Jim.

She was quite a business woman in a time when most woman were not busness owners ! She  and Jim raised three sons.  Most of her life she was a seamstress but after she retired she became a quilter.  I will highlight some of her quilts on my Quilting blog. I only have a few of here treasures in my photos.  She and Jim were blessed to live long lives.  She only missed one birthday without Jim and then they were reunited again. 
Rest in peace.

Love, Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like me to respond to you, please include your email address. Thanks I hope you enjoy!