Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tombstone Tuesday - August 24, 2010

It’s Tombstone Tuesday time again. I have missed a couple cause I have been so darn busy…I have decided to take a break from my research to see if I can break through a brick wall. Or at least take a break until I get to Norway. Then maybe I can get some information on the Norwegian side of the family. So tonight I am going to show you tombstones which are for people who are not related in any way. I have found a met a new friend thru Facebook from Germany who is also interested in family history.  She has family who came to America and settled in Grand Rapids, Michigan.  So she had had me look up some information for her family research. Last week we entered some information in Findagrave.com about her family members and requested photos of some tombstones.  A very nice researcher from the area immediately helped us out the very next day. Anita was thrilled.  So those are the tombstones for this week…

Bertha Meyer      James Meyer
1885 – 1959       1886- 1965

I am so glad that we could help my friend, Anita, find these tombstones of her family members in the Oakhill Cemetery near Grand Rapids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like me to respond to you, please include your email address. Thanks I hope you enjoy!